Sunday, July 12, 2009

a jar full of honey

We came home today from a great night camping at the inlaws visiting, finding caterpillars, eating smores, getting quizzed on my vegetable identification, feeding the bunnies and shooting some guns (a secret pleasure of mine). We headed home early afternoon Sunday to hang out with our old neighbors that we miss. They were awesome and got great news that it isn't as far as we thought to go visit them so I hope next month or September to trot on down to really get more than a fleeting hour to see them.

As we get older I am realizing good folks that you connect with well are harder to find but when you do it is good.

When we did arrive home from the in-laws before our old neighbors showed up I noticed there was a bag on the table of gifts for our birthdays from old friends. Eggs, a mix CD (which is another one of my not so secret pleasures) another cd of pod casts and the cherry on top was ....... a jar of honey. nothing warms my soul than a present of a ball jar of honey.

I am suprised and pleased at the pleasure I get from a jar of honey.

Oh, how I love my jar of honey.

1 comment:

Mid-life Midwife said...

I'm glad you liked the bag of very humble gifts. I totally forgot about your weekend trip, so please know that you can get a *different* dozen eggs in lieu of those left on your porch. :)
Hope you had great birthdays. xoxo