Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a weekend!

Thursday I had a hankering for La Fiesta so the kids and I walked down for lunch. While there an old friend from the Zing days walked in with his wife. I always thought Ian was Big Daddy's little brother in another place and time. I invited them over for dinner Friday evening as a surprise for big daddy. Dinner and an exciting game of Clue! Big Daddy was pleasantly surprised. It was really nice to hang out with Ian and his wife(plus he was homeschooled so I got to pick his brain)

Saturday I was up early to head off to Julie's to help get ready for the wedding she was catering that evening. I had a really good time. I miss working in food. Julie is an amazing cook and my car has smelled amazing since Saturday. I was supposed to help through the entire event but my client called at 6pm-ish cookin' in labor. A couple of phone calls after the initial call I headed out to her house and she was in transition. She was very chill- so smiley and sweet. When we got to the hospital she was complete. The baby was born a few hours later but she had a bit of trouble stabilizing after delivery- nothing big but I didn't feel comfortable leaving. I got home about 3:30am.

Sunday morning my sister-in-law was coming out with my nieces to hang out. Big daddy was off to help a friend build a fence. Mom had talked about going to the Heritage Festival but I was soooo not up for it. My sis-in-law sensed that and suggested we just hang out. I was beat and very thankful to just chill at home. My sister-in-law lectured me on my life and how she is concerned about me and my well-being. It was very sweet but what could I say?

I am feeling recovered today. Yesterday was a bit funky but today is good.

No comments: