Sunday, August 03, 2008

summer flies by

summer flies by in a flurry of births, teaching, gardening, hanging out with family but i feel like we have done nothin' extra ordinary. other than the Massachusetts trip which was awesome.

We had three birthdays two of which were in the birth marathon week. three clients went in a seven day period. so i spent my bday at the hospital slightly sleep deprived. It usually takes a bit to recover from that so big daddys bday was spent quietly but i did go to the va-jay-jay sewing party and yes i did sew a va-jay-jay. but it was an early night-big daddy stopped by the party for food then we snuggled up at home and had a quiet night in. we took a day trip to bad axe to see my pregger sister-inlaws which was wonderful. been hanging out with some good old friends two of which just moved home (YAY!). we hit beer fest for the first time and had some good beer. I got issue VII of the birth project out just a little late but done. I had a complete melt down and sent the kids to my dads over night and spent every minute working to catch up on life and it felt great! btw - THE BIRTH PROJEC TIS NOW CARRIED AT CRAZY WISOM BOOKSTORE AND NICOLA'S BOOKS IN ANN ARBOR! we are still working on shamen drum, the buyer tyler seems to be ignoring me. but he will hear form me again. and i worked as an extra one night for the movie whip it! in detroit. that was an experience.

i feel like i have been busy but i am not sure with what. lots of laundry that is for sure. writing a schedule/cirriculum for the kids for this year, power washing my deck, and trying to pull $ out of thin air.

as usual when i get bored i need a new project so i have decided to attempt to write a screenplay. yes that is right i am jumping into those merky waters but i think i have a great idea so i am going to give it a shot. i have talked to some folks already about how to do it and off i am running. plotting scene sketches. character background and development and learning the craft and rules of screenwriting.

so folks that is it. the update. so i will now follow with a random photo update for my dad since he always likes the photos. ;) oh, and i cut 14 inches off my hair. like it?













3 comments:

Mid-life Midwife said...

I just set Indiana Jones as my desktop background.

Anonymous said...

I like the haircut! all the pics are great.

frog said...

I can hook you up with the owner at Common Language if you need an in there.