Monday, May 11, 2009

Great Book for the soul of an unschooler


On of the lovely ladies of HOG-WARTS had purchased this book - Raising a Free Child: An Unschooled Life.

At a get together I started reading it and did not want to give it back. I did. Then went home to order my own. This is one of those books you want on your shelf to reference when you need a little boost.

So much of it resonates with how we feel about learning and family. It is nice to have a familiar voice to easy my inner beastie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are blogging again. :)

I'd love to hear all about your unschooling efforts and introspection and life stuff. Hopefully soon we can have a quiet coffee- I know Gretchen wanted to pick your brain soon about something or other.

Love!

Betsie said...

I am so glad that I could bring that into your life! It is a great book and I am in the process of wrenching it away from Kerry so that Oliver can read it. She's not giving it up without a fight, but I can't really blame her!