Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Shaving my head in solidarity and for money

Ah the silly things I do.
But this one is not so silly.

This St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, I will be shaving my head (razor shaved bald really) in solidarity with children who have cancer and typically lose their hair during treatment, while raising critical funds for childhood cancer research!

In the US, more children die of childhood cancer than any other disease. Please make a donation on my behalf to support childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.


Emily, who has organized the event at the Uptown Grille in Commerce MI, lost her daughter at the age of two to Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Her daughter would have been 11 this years old this year. Emily is an amazing and strong woman who has lived through my worst nightmare. My heart goes out to her and all the families that deal with the struggles of cancer everyday.

To make a donation, go to my St. Baldricks page and click on "Make A Donation" or donate by mail or phone.

Thank you for your support!

P.S. I will be donating my hair to make wigs for kids in need.

--------
About St. Baldrick's


10-year logoSince 2005 alone, when the St. Baldrick’s Foundation became an independent charity approximately 196 research grants, totaling more than $41.7 million have been awarded to enable doctors and scientists at more than 230 institutions to pursue the most promising new cures for childhood cancer and to help make clinical trials available to more children than ever.

But the ultimate goal of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation has not been achieved – the goal to cure childhood cancer. Until that day, we will continue to work with you – our volunteers and donors – to fund the best and most promising research to achieve that goal.

Progress report bar


*Note the # of make shavees to female shavees*


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow. That is a very cool program- I've never heard of it!