Friday, December 07, 2007

i covet


tonight i almost bought this. the 20 year old boy from toledo was so adorable and a great sales man. i even agreed to the "great deal" $40/mo $0 down for ......... $1086 total. yes i agreed and then came to my frugal self. i was almost hte owner of a freaking kick ass vaccume and much more. i so still want this vaccume (and so does big daddy) it is amazing. i want. i want. i want. ok, i feel better now.

part of me is happy i didn't but the other part of me is so sadd i did not. they vaccumed the monkeys bed, the stairs, the rig..... amazing and the mechanic of it made sense compared to our current vaccume that now blow a fuse every time you use it.

and did i tell you that this sales boy was trying ot get an all expense paid trip to Chicago. oh i feel so bad. but even after i pulled the plug he was sweet and told me i was the nicest customer they had had and gave me a hug. he was adorable with a great laugh.

i am mourning over te loss of the vaccumei never owned. someday i will own this lovely wonder. and i so very much hope that sweet boy gets to chicago.

2 comments:

Ypsipearl said...

I had a Kirby vacuum salesperson come to my house years ago. I was amazed and repulsed at what he could suck out of my household fibers. It was over $1,000 too and I was waffling so bad. Somehow his manager ended up coming over, too, to try to seal the deal and he ended up acting like he was really pissed off at me for not agreeing to buy it. Weird.

Mid-life Midwife said...

How many frickin' Kirby's does it take to send a kid to Chicago?! I've spent entire weekends there on $50!
And even managed to get my drink on!

I think you should've waffled enough to say something like: I don't know, maybe you could come on say Dec. 23 and vacuum the whole house again?

Spend $500 and get a Dyson so you don't throw your back out luggin' around that damn Buick of a Kirby.

Or be like me and remove all carpet from your house. (Not very practical or warm, as you well know)