Sunday, February 24, 2008

the ant and the sperm

there is an ant that likes to hang out on my bathroom floor. just one ant. he roams around on the same two tiles. he does not seem to care for company nor does he seem to have purpose. but he is there greeting me, with my pants around my ankles. it does not seem to phase him and i am glad to not interrupt his time. he amuses me and makes me think of spring. so the next time nature calls i can only hope my friend is there to greet me.

then there is my husband. the lover of science. he would be totally content living in the middle of nowhere with few humans around and those that were would need to be able to science speak. he with nature and a temperature controlled dome of reptiles, fish, amphibians and random cultures of wingless fruit flies and aquatic insects to feed to the previously listed specimens. but this evening my man of science was compelled to use his 7 year olds discovery channel microscope to view his own sperm. although the resolution was not great it did work. he was giddy and eager to share. i feel closer to my darling husband and his swimmers. it does make me wonder though all the households with kids microscopes how many have been used to view sperm?

7 comments:

Christa said...

That sounds just like a man lol

Mid-life Midwife said...

that's awesome! you know my partner does the same thing. not my spouse, the other one.

ypsipearl said...

I just use binoculars to try to scope out penises. No, no, no I'm just kidding.

Zoe the Wonder Dog said...

Well, if we had a microscope that just might happen around here...

Kim said...

that's awesome!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.