Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Monkey's Sketch Book

The monkey has always been my drawing boy as my bean is my collage and glue girl.

This weekend I gave the monkey a hard cover big sketch book. He was really excited but admitted he was nervous about it. I told him it was his and he could do whatever he wanted with it but he seemed to feel a great importance about what goes in it.

This morning he came to me and asked if I wanted to read his poetry that he had written in his book when he took a break from drawing. The poetry goes along with the picture he drew. here is the poem:

in the outdoors
where the birds
sing with the winds
call to summer and spring
the animals come
out of their dens
and come out of their houses made of scratch

I am a proud mama this morning.

3 comments:

sheSaidC2 said...

I just gotta say, you have raised a great kid (ok kids :) He was really awesome with my crazy boy the other day and this is more proof. You deserve to be proud.

Stephanie said...

that is just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That is a great poem.