Tuesday, January 22, 2008

its been awhile.

happy new year.
our family rung in the new year with some wicked viruses. big daddy was under the weather the kids got the sniffles and i got knocked on my ass the day i put my ALACE exam in the mail. i was sick for about 12 days 7 of which were really bad and 5of that 7 i could not get out of bed. some would say i should have gone to the dr. but my body just needed to ride it out. theories of why i got it so hard was that i have been burning the stick at both ends for too long (about two years) and i needed to slow down. big daddy thinks that i got two illnesses at the same time. i think the universe and my body was say "enough already lady".
whatever it was there was definite good that came out of the misery. (there were times i was weeping i was so miserable and tired of being sick). i had some absolutely lovely people step up to help with remedy suggestions (homeopathics) and followed up with me every day, folks brought by some great food (there was a point where the kids were on their own and scavaging crackers and peanuts for food), my husband stepped up like superman, i got really motivated to organize and simplify the house once i was better, i got over my apprehension to cancel appointments and i missed my first birth.
That last one was painful but a good lesson. i cannot do everything all the time perfect and make everyone happy. something about service work like i do you have a nurturing nature that can borderline doormat if left unattended. i have left my nurture nature unattended. boundaries are the theme for 2007 and being ok where i am and with what i am doing in the now. there are things i want to do but circumstances are not favorable and i am ok with that. i kick ass at what i do and i love it so that is where i am now.
not to be too stewart smiley. i love who i am and what i do and where i live and i would not change a damn thing about my life. i am so proud of my kids who are totally awesome and so cool to be around, i am very proud of my husband and am thankful for being married to my best friend who i can share everything with (i just dont see him enough but that will come). ok, done with the sappy stuff. it is my positive step into this new year. it all good.
today is catch up day and the kids are throwing down for my attention as i type away. so enjoy the snow and enjoy today because you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. ;)

1 comment:

Kim said...

i love every word - the boundaries, yes....... how we forget them, but need them :)

so glad you are all up and running again :)