Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Messed up Toof

Here are how my teeth usually look. Not perfect but not bad. Then a couple of weeks ago something was starting to come loose. Not the bolts in my head but my partially fake front tooth. I figured it would hold until my bi-annual dentist appointment that was this week but one night last week mindlessly flossing I popped it out.


Then I looked like the photo below. Big Daddy HATES it when it is out and lucky for him I can put my fake portion back in. I had my bi-annual cleaning dental appointment this week and I took it out so they could clean around it. She said she would need 40 minutes to fix it. Not bad. I head to the desk at the end of the appointment and they schedule my fix-it appointment for October 13th! So I get to hope that I don't inhale or swallow the partial in the next three weeks.

I probably could have made a stink to move it closer but I kind of like the idea of being able to take it out to mess with folks.

I also would love to run a day long behavioral science experiment with my kids. Pick a day where I would have my tooth out all day and we would run errands, go out to eat and do stuff where we came in contact with people and tally how many people mentioned my tooth and figure the percentages. Compare our results to our hypothesis. Test out the scientific method in real life.


(how this originally happened was that i was tripped on the playground in the fifth grade by a boy and i fell face first into the dirt but i am a tough cookie. apparently i needed to try something new since a few years earlier i kicked the habit of splitting my chin open to get stitches)

No comments: